Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) defines the market position of our
educational technology product, Harmonize, within the context of the
overall company strategy. The PMM conducts competitor analysis, market
research, and works closely with the company owners and sales team to
inform the strategic positioning of the product to customers,
partners, and market influencers. The PMM's work will focus and
empower all sales and marketing efforts to ensure our products win in
the marketplace. The work for this role will be split between
management, strategic guidance, and execution. Execution will include
content generation and demand generation tasks.
- Contribute to pipeline growth through strategic and tactical contribution to all Go-To-Market (GTM) efforts.
- Deliver sales enablement assets for use by direct sales, indirect partner sales, and outbound marketing campaigns.
- Unify all GTM efforts in alignment with 42Lines’ overall brand/mission.
- Messaging - Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Sales Enablement - Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the sales process.
- Personas - Understand our customer personas and their unique needs and pain points through research, direct observation, and conversations with customer-facing staff.
- Positioning - Translate our product’s existing features into specific use-case benefits and position those benefits for the appropriate audiences, including target buyers and their relevant stakeholders.
- Market Research - Conduct research on the market landscape and document the competitiveness of our product.
- Release Planning - Plan the GTM rollout of product releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Competition Research - Be the expert on our competition. Understand their strengths and weaknesses and know how to differentiate our solutions. Identify and propose new capabilities to keep Harmonize ahead of the competition.
- Multi-Channel Campaigns - Work with internal and agency resources, to draft, schedule and execute multi-channel campaigns.
- Measurement - Collect and report success metrics as they pertain to campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both product marketing and lead generation. The ideal candidate for this role has an understanding of customer pain points and can articulate ways to solve them with technology. The successful PMM can see the big picture and translate it into impactful contributions. The PMM knows the difference between features and benefits. S/he will need to be proactive and self-directed and regularly set their own agenda. Strong people skills are essential; s/he will be working closely with C-Level executives as well as frontline team members.
- 5+ years of education software product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a field facing role.
- Successful track record of B2B product marketing for a SaaS technology company.
- Experience conducting survey-based customer research.
- Proven ability to translate product features into customer benefits and position them for specific audiences.
- Experience with lead generation channels, and knowledge of pipeline building with inbound and outbound activities.
- Experience building and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with contracted marketing agencies.
- Fluency communicating and presenting effectively through remote/virtual team meetings, writing, and building presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, or marketing.
- Willingness to work remotely either from home or in a company-funded co-working space.